First Published in Oldham Coliseum
Discovery is open to UK based female writers of South Asian descent who are eligible to live and work in the UK, and who have not had a play presented as a full production. No previous playwriting experience is necessary.
The programme runs from September 2021 to March 2022 and includes:
- 3 playwriting workshops led by leading female practitioners
- Dramaturgical support to develop their 10-page submission into a 20-minute play
- Rehearsal with actors and director
- Two public performances of a staged reading as part of a showcase for industry, friends and family
- A bursary towards travel expenses and childcare
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 29 July.
Learn more about the application process and apply here: kalitheatre.co.uk/how-to-apply-to-the-discovery-programme
Our Reader Panel at each venue will read and select the four most promising plays. We will let you know the outcome by mid-September.
*At least one parent must be descended from the diasporas of the Indian subcontinent